This blog post is about how to connect AirPods to Chromebook. If you are wondering, “How do I connect my AirPods to my laptop?” this article will provide the answer. This blog post includes step-by-step instructions and pictures that show how to set up your new wireless headphones with your Chromebook.
Related: Best Chromebook to buy in 2022
Why doesn’t Apple use special tech?
Apple has been criticized for not using its own custom wireless chipsets while other companies have adopted it such as Samsung, Huawei, and Qualcomm. Airpods connect to iPhones via Apple’s custom W chip which is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) solution for wireless earphones/headsets. AirPods have been criticized because of their poor battery life(around three hours), but they do come with a portable charging case that should give you over 24hrs of battery life. AirPods actually use Bluetooth as any other device would, but they are Apple-made wireless headphones that allow users to access Siri. AirPods can automatically pair with an iPhone if the AirPod’s match is set to connect automatically and you have Bluetooth turned on for your phone.
What about the W1?
Apple’s W-series WiFi chips are what make AirPods and Apple Watch work without a phone. The AirPods use the same chip that allows seamless pairing and switching between devices like your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Macs, and other supported accessories to easily connect them together.
When you turn on your AirPods, they’re already paired with each other. So how do you connect them to a Chromebook? If we go by how we usually pair Bluetooth devices, then it’s not too hard, the given guide will help you step by step.
Read the article on Best Hacks for chromebook users in 2022
Connect AirPods Pro to your Chromebook
Connecting AirPods to a Chromebook is not an easy thing. In this article, we will show you how to do it step by step in six simple steps:
Connect your AirPods Pro with your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth
- Open the Settings app on your Apple device and toggle “Airplane Mode” ON. Leave Settings open but turn off your phone screen.
- Connect the charging case of the AirPods Pro using a USB cable to power up (while keeping its top lid open). The green light inside should be blinking rapidly while connected – then wait until all four LEDs are solid white (should take about 20 seconds). At this point, move onto step #02 below.
- On Windows PC; go to Start > Connect to a Network and select “Create a New Connection”
- On Mac OS X; go to System Preferences > Network, then click “+”, followed by “Bluetooth PAN”. Select your AirPods charging case from the list provided. If you don’t see it in the list try hitting Stop first, wait 20 seconds for all four LEDs on top of the case to turn solid white (Apple Logo should be facing upwards), click Connect, and finally hit Make Service active. Once connected make sure Bluetooth is turned ON for both PC & Mac operating systems.
- Back at your MacBook/Windows laptop screen – open Finder or File Explorer respectively depending on which platform you’re using: Windows or macOS, then look under Shared. You should see your AirPods Connected as a Network Device. Double click the Connected entry and it will open up a new window where you can now access your AirPods charging case folders, media files & documents.
Connecting to Chromebook
Go into Chrome OS settings and select “Add Connection” then select Bluetooth PAN from the list provided. Once connected enter the password “pancake”. If prompted for passkey hit 0000 (four zeros). From there go back into Settings > Connected Devices tab and look under Other Devices for your Charging Case – make sure both PC’s/Macs are turned on along with the charger plugged in before clicking Connect next to each device listed. Now all devices should be synced properly allowing you to access all the files on your AirPods Connected (except for music due to Chromebook’s file system limitations).
Connecting via iCloud: this method requires you have an Apple ID & iCloud account. Make sure it is connected along with Bluetooth turned ON – then follow steps #01 thru #04 above…
Connecting via WiFI File Transfer App: download WiFi File Transfer app onto both devices running Chrome OS and iOS/macOS platform respectively, connect using provided QR code or IP address directly into each respective apps’ settings menu. Once connected open up the Files app on your iPhone or iPad > click ‘+Cloud Storage’. Select the “iCloud Drive” option followed by “Add New Service”, turn ON Auto Add toggle switch to ON. Open WiFi File Transfer App on your Chromebook, go under Connected Devices > select “iCloud” followed by Connect next to each device listed. Now all devices should be synced properly allowing you to access AirPods Connected folder.
Tips & Tricks:
To watch videos stored in the Connect AirPods Pro simply double-click them and they will automatically play in either VLC or QuickTime depending on whichever application is installed onto your Chrome OS machine. You can also use this same method for listening to music files – however, there are some limitations due to its file system format (not compatible with Android apps). We recommend using our Files app along with corresponding media player applications if you’re looking for a better experience when it comes to playing videos or listening to music in general.
Connect AirPods Pro automatically disconnects every time you restart your Chromebook, but it will still show up in the Connected Devices tab under the Other Devices section. Simply reconnect by opening the Files app and clicking on Connect next to each device listed. Now all devices should be synced properly allowing you to access AirPods Connected folder again.Step 01:
Make sure both PC’s/Macs are turned on along with the charger plugged in before clicking Connect next to each device listed
Open Finder or File Explorer respectively depending on which platform you’re using: Windows or macOS, then look under Shared
Double click the Connect entry and it will open up a new window where you can now access your AirPods Connected as a Network Device
From there go back into Settings > Connected Devices tab and look under Other Devices for your Charging Case – make sure both PC’s/Macs are turned on along with the charger plugged in before clicking Connect next to each device listed. Now all devices should be synced properly allowing you to access all the files on your Connect AirPods Pro.
Connecting via iCloud: this method requires you have an Apple ID & iCloud account.
Connecting via WiFi File Transfer App: download Wi-Fi file transfer app onto both devices running Chrome OS and iOS/macOS platform respectively.
Connect using provided QR code or IP address directly into each respective apps’ settings menu. Once connected open up the Files app on your iPhone or iPad > click ‘+Cloud Storage’. Select the “iCloud Drive” option followed by “Add New Service”, turn ON Auto Add toggle switch to ON.
4 Common problems Using AirPods with Chromebooks
As you know, Chromebooks are designed to be used with headphones. If you have a pair of AirPods or Beats wireless headphones they will not work out of the box with your Chromebook because it does not support Bluetooth pairing natively. For this reason, many people are looking for solutions on how to connect AirPods to Chromebooks.
However, there are some common problems that you may encounter when using AirPods with a Chromebook.
1- Sound settings on the device must match those of your earbuds. For example, if one works fine but not another, check to make sure they have the same volume level and sound output. You can use an app like Volume Sync to ensure both earbuds are using the same sound settings.
2- Make sure your Chromebook is not in Developer Mode. If it’s on that setting, AirPods will not be able to connect with it because of security issues associated with this model.
3- For some reason, sometimes you need to uninstall and reinstall Chrome. Doing this will solve any connection issues.
4- If AirPods still does not connect, reboot your Chromebook and also restart the earbuds by pressing and holding on both sides of each bud for about 15 seconds. Then try connecting them again.
AirPods and other non-Apple devices
AirPods are Apple’s wireless earbuds that have been getting quite popular. AirPods work with any device that has Bluetooth, but only if the AirPod’s match is set to connect automatically. If you want AirPods or other devices to be able to connect wirelessly then follow these steps:
Make sure AirPods are charged, turn Bluetooth on, and connect to the device.
- Open settings > Bluetooth then click AirPods when it appears on your available devices
- Click “connect” under Airpods (or another earbud model) in the Bluetooth menu. You might see a message saying something like “connected to AirPods.”
- Click your Airpod name in the Bluetooth menu, then click “connect” under Airpods (or another earbud model) again. You will see a message saying something like “connected to AirPods. Try using them now!”
- Go back to AirPods and click the AirPod you want to connect. You may see a message saying “connected” or that Airpods are connected already
- If not, disconnect from any earbud models in your Bluetooth menu then try again
- To reconnect AirPods later: click settings > Bluetooth then AirPods in your devices. Airpods will appear as “disconnected” but they are still on and working, you just need to click them again to connect
How to connect AirPods to Chromebook. I hope this article is very helpful for you, thank you so much for trust in us! As always we love feedback and suggestions 🙂 Keep on scrolling for more great content or go ahead now and check out our other articles. Also please comment below if there are any questions about howto’s that you need help with. We would be happy to hear your comments!